During the school year we will study one topic a month. This will give participants time to go deeper into the topic or spread out their learning to keep from getting overwhelmed.
This course provides a rich, immersive experience into the study and use of educational technology in teaching & learning.
- September – Welcome Event & Orientation to working and learning in a blended environment
- October – Connected Learning – Tools, Processes & Pedagogy Playing with the tools and learning how they work
- November – Digital Citizenship – Identity, Footprint, & Social Activism
- December/January – Digital Literacy – Information, Memes & Attention
- February – Content Curation – Using what is there
- March – Student Directed Learning & Digital Storytelling – Multimedia, Remixes & Mashups
- April – The Open Movement – Open Access, OERs & Future of Ed.
- May – Celebration – Final projects plans for the future
We will have a weekly twitter chat using the #etmchat hashtag (education technology media chat)
We will schedule at least two synchronous session on each topic. About one every other week.
Participants will not be required to make every session or chat, but should choose to join at the level they wish to participate.
- Create a twitter account https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEZyUEdCZV9aLTlmczh2dmp2WG9SSUE6MA#gid=0
- Start sharing using hashtag #OOE13
- Create a blog and link to the hub (instructions to follow)
- Join the #OOE community on Google+https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/102207059956192791361
- Join the Diigo Community https://groups.diigo.com/group/open-online-experience